I know, most people don’t like the rain. The cold, wet grey skies make many feel blue and drab, but have you ever noticed how vibrant colors are against a grey back drop? Have you seen how green green can be? How yellow can pierce through the gloom? And what is better than a steaming beverage and a fuzzy blanket on a couch near a window.
To me, rain is a blessing. Maybe I have read Dune* one to many times, but every time it rains I feel a surge of gratitude for the cleansing and nourishing water that just falls from the sky. There are so many reasons to love the rain. Here is a list:
- rain nourishes all of life
- it washes away dust and funk
- it leaves the world fresh and crisp
- shades of grey, blue and lavender seen in a rainy sky
- the way color comes out in rocks and stones! (magic)
- the element of water relates to emotion
- what better weather to stay home and rest, read, create and get things done
- what better weather to stay home and bead all day?
- you need water to make tea
- bathing & washing
- puddle jumping
Honestly every time it rains I just feel incredibly lucky to live in the middle of a blue green rain forest.
Dark stormy grey rainy days remind me of Labradorite. What’s not to love about that?
* Dune is sci fi novel written by Frank Herbert in 1965. A perfect novel for a rainy day