Stretchy bracelets are a versatile, fun and on-trend style, great for everyone. From the beginner beader to the veteran pro, these bracelets are a bold look and so easy to put together. Wear just one or stack multiples. All you need are beads (stones, wood, glass or whatever you have laying about) and a stretchy cord. Yup. It’s really that simple! A needle may be needed for smaller beads (just to keep your sanity!)
Create these for yourself, your friends, your family…here’s a few reasons why they’re such a great addition to anyone’s wardrobe:
- Easy to slide on and off
- Quick to put together
- No clasp needed – just tie a knot
- No worries about metal sensitivities
- Don’t need to know an exact wrist size
- Works for many different materials
- Looks great!
What elastic do I choose?
Elastic cord is the key element to a stretchy bracelet (besides the beautiful beads) and there are multiple options.
Elastic cord is the key element to keeping your bracelet together. Consider these practical points when making your selection.
1) The smallest bead hole determines how thick of an elastic you can use.
2) The thicker the elastic, the larger the finishing knot.
3) If you don’t like seeing the knot, there are ways to hide it. Scroll below.
Here’s a break-down of each elastic to help you determine which will work best for your specific project.
How to tie a knot
Follow this simple video tutorial showing knotting options for different elastic.
Don’t like seeing the knot? Hide it!
There are a few different ways to hide that knot…
1) Cover it with a crimp cover.
2) Use a decorative feature bead with a large hole.
3) Place your largest holed bead beside the knot and hide it inside.
4) Incorporate a charm and dangle it from a ring positioned over the knot.
5) Add a touch of glue or clear nail polish (securing it) and just be at one with that knot. Everyone will notice your beads anyway!
~ Happy Beading!
From Country Beads